Cards have been used for many different kinds of games, but they have also been used since the 14th century for telling the future. This was something that started in Europe and instead of using tarot cards, regular cards were used.
Instead of using a specific deck like the tarot card deck, doing cartomancy just uses a regular playing deck of cards. This means there are 52 cards in this deck and it’s the same deck that has been used for games like poker or spades.
Cartomancy Versus Tarot Cards
Cartomancy cards are easy to read because they have the same meanings. With tarot cards, there can be different interpretations or hidden meanings and symbols within the cards.
When giving a cartomancy reading, this will give answers to questions that someone has. While the tarot card deck will normally tell someone what kind of outcome, they will have with the issue that they are facing. Neither of the types of divination are better than the other, they are just different, and it depends on what kind of reading that you like.
The cards in a regular deck have four suits, numbers, and face cards. Some people choose to include the Joker card while others choose to keep this card out. The cards in cartomancy represent different things like the Ace of Hearts can mean that a new beginning is going to happen while the 7 of Spades can mean that you are going to lose someone due to a problem in your relationship.
One of the most known methods of cartomancy is the Wheel of Fortune method. This is when the cards are picked in a specific order and then the meaning is interpreted by the reader.
There are different spreads that are used by different people. Some people choose to pick one card and others will use even up to 21 cards in their spread. The spreads normally go in 3 multiples such as a 3, 9 or 21 card spread.
These different spreads will represent the past, present and future and depending on how your layout is like, you can get a fast answer, but you can also get deep information.
Interpreting the Cards
The suit and the number of the card that is drawn is part of how the reading will go. The suit can mean something broad, and the face cards normally representing the people that are in your world. The cards that have numbers represent the future events in your life.
Here are what the cards mean in the deck during a cartomancy reading:
The suit of hearts is one that means that things are related to you, and they can give you information about your family, friends, emotions and more. Here are what some of the specific cards mean:
- Ace of Hearts: This can mean being in a new start of something like a job or a relationship.
- 2 of Hearts: Can mean that you need to spend time with those that you love.
- 3 of Hearts: It shows that you aren’t committed in your relationship.
- 4 of Hearts: It can mean you are committed in your relationship.
- 5 of Hearts: Changes may be coming to your life such as someone moving, buying a new home or it can even mean something like divorce.
- 6 of Hearts: This is a card that can mean that you have peace and that you can reach your goals.
- 7 of Hearts: This means someone around you isn’t going to be someone that you can depend on.
- 8 of Hearts: An event is going to happen where you will connect with someone that will play an important role in your life.
- 9 of Hearts: It can mean that you want to have a better relationship or that you want to move to another level with the person you are with.
- 10 of Hearts: This card can mean that you are going to have good news.
- Jack of Hearts: A friend or a lover can become your partner if seen with the Queen of Hearts card.
- Queen of Hearts: A lover with a female that can mean a pregnant woman, or it can mean a marriage is going to happen.
- King of Hearts: Shows who has influenced things in your life and in your romance and this can even be a man.
Suit of Diamonds
The diamonds can represent money and finances and there are 13 diamonds in the deck:
- Ace of Diamonds: You will get a message about your business or about your romantic life.
- 2 of Diamonds: Can mean you will make a good financial investment.
- 3 of Diamonds: Shows that you aren’t able to make a decision that has to do with money.
- 4 of Diamonds: Finances need to be stable.
- 5 of Diamonds: It can mean a financial change is coming which can be a job or it can be an expense you didn’t expect to have.
- 6 of Diamonds: It is time to budget and invest.
- 7 of Diamonds: You need to be careful how you invest your money because financial problems can be coming.
- 8 of Diamonds: A change is coming, and you need to save money.
- 9 of Diamonds: A bill or repair might be coming.
- 10 of Diamonds: Financial success is on the way.
- Jack of Diamonds: Someone is coming to give you bad news.
- Queen of Diamonds: A woman that loves to gossip is coming.
- King of Diamonds: A person that is successful in a business.
Suit of Clubs
This card is a good card to draw, and it can mean that you are going to have something good happen in your life. There are 13 cards in this deck:
- Ace of Clubs: It can mean you have a talent that is exciting.
- 2 of Clubs: You need to make sure that you are able to communicate so that you can avoid disappointment.
- 3 of Clubs: You are creative or being creative might stress you out.
- 4 of Clubs: Being stable in your emotions will help you to have adventures.
- 5 of Clubs: Changes need to happen such as a new hobby so you can learn new things.
- 6 of Clubs: Trusting your intuition will help you.
- 7 of Clubs: Can mean you feel trapped.
- 8 of Clubs: Can mean you are confused in your relationship.
- 9 of Clubs: Means you can complete a project.
- 10 of Clubs: You might travel soon.
- Jack of Clubs: This can represent a person that you can trust.
- Queen of Clubs: This can represent a woman that has power.
- King of Clubs: This can be a man that is going to be kind and loyal.
Suit of Spades
This suit can mean that you have struggles that are going to come to your life that you need to deal with:
- Ace of Spades: Time will bring change and things can become new.
- 2 of Spades: This can mean that you will need to make a hard decision.
- 3 of Spades: This represents being stressed and having bad news.
- 4 of Spades: You will have stability come to you in your life.
- 5 of Spades: You will move on and leave things behind that aren’t good for you.
- 6 of Spades: Can mean a warning that something hard will happen soon.
- 7 of Spades: Means you can lose your friend to a problem in the relationship.
- 8 of Spades: Shows that you will be at a place where you have to make a decision.
- 9 of Spades: This can mean you have a loss in your life, maybe someone dying.
- 10 of Spades: Worry can come to your life.
- Jack of Spades: Represents someone negative that will betray you.
- Queen of Spades: Represents someone that will be cruel or manipulative, most likely a woman.
- King of Spades: Shows someone that is in trouble and will create problems in your relationship.
Using Cartomancy for Future Telling
Here are some great tips to help you if you are using cartomancy:
- Get Rid of the Clutter
Make sure that you have an area that is calm and that doesn’t have clutter. This can mean that the energy is strong and good. Use crystals in your area.
- Set Intentions
Intentions are a way that you can get the energies moving. Say what you want and make sure that you are detailed and personal.
- Notice the Moon Cycles
Pay attention to the moon cycles and the energy of the cycles. This can be full or new moons. Using a new moon can help during relationship readings or jobs and a full moon will help you to resolve issues so you can go forward in your life.
Conducting a Cartomancy Reading
Cartomancy readings can be successful just like other kinds of readings. If the reading is experienced, then they will be able to use the spreads that are before you to help you to see if there are different patterns in your life.
Do you want to know more about cartomancy? Get a reading today by finding a cartomancy reader online.